The Church of the Nazarene formed from Wesleyan Methodist roots in the late 1800 and early 1900’s. Christ’s Community was originally formed as Eastside Church of the Nazarene in August of 1950 and moved to its current location in 1978. It was birthed in the New Albany area by devoted people who experienced the love of God through Jesus and desired to share His love with others. That purpose has not changed. With changing and shifting culture we endeavor to bring the love of God through Jesus to more people within the context of cultural shift. We believe the greatest stories that will tell of our history are yet to come.